[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Java Performance Tuning
Java(TM) - see bottom of page
Our valued sponsors who help make this site possible
JProfiler: Get rid of your performance problems and memory leaks!
Training online: Threading Essentials course
Articles and books by Jack Shirazi
Get rid of your performance problems and memory leaks!
Get rid of your performance problems and memory leaks!
- Java Performance Tuning Newsletters from 2000 every month to now
- Google's Big Question: What's Different Now?, java.net, November 2014
- Finding the right Java "sizeof" was one of my first tasks at Nexmo, java.net, October 2012
- Using SharedHashMap, a high performance persisted off-heap hash map, shareable across processes, fasterj.com, March 2014
- Garbage collectors and garbage collector combinations available from the Oracle Java 7 update 4 JVM, fasterj.com, June 2012
- Jack Shirazi tells you how to access the GC notifications newly available from Java 7 update 4, fasterj.com, May 2012
- Five Lessons That Life Holds For Performance Tuning, fasterj.com, October 2008
- Java Performance Review Of 2007, January 2008
- What people were looking for in Java performance in 2007, December 2007
- The Secret Life Of The Finalizer, November 2007
- Optimising Regular Expression Processing, September 2007
- Writing A Technical Book: Is It Worthwhile?, June 2007
- Su Doku Solving Efficiency, May 2007
- The APM Score, March 2007
- Hotpatching A Java Application, February 2007
- When good benchmarks go bad, IBM DeveloperWorks, March 2005
- Wait leaks, IBM DeveloperWorks, January 2005
- The Trove collection classes, IBM DeveloperWorks, September 2004
- Profiling on the edge, IBM DeveloperWorks, September 2004
- Application Performance Management (APM), July 2004
- Determining the riskiness of change, IBM DeveloperWorks, July 2004
- Tuning garbage collection in the HotSpot JVM, IBM DeveloperWorks, June 2004
- Trash talk, IBM DeveloperWorks, May 2004
- Experiences On Running A Website For Profit, Part 2: Keep 'Em Coming, java.net, May 2004
- Experiences On Running A Website For Profit, Part 1: The Beginning, java.net, April 2004
- The Commando Pattern, April 2004
- Java Performance Tuning, 2nd edition O'Reilly 2003
- NIO, IBM DeveloperWorks, March 2004
- Learning From Code: Fast Random Access, February 2004
- Exceptions, IBM DeveloperWorks, February 2004
- Learning From Code: Fast Fail Iterators, January 2004
- Bytecode analysis, IBM DeveloperWorks, December 2003
- Stress testing, IBM DeveloperWorks, October 2003
- Referencing objects, IBM DeveloperWorks, September 2003
- Compilation speed, exceptions, and heap size, IBM DeveloperWorks , August 2003
- Java Case Studies, java.net, July 2003
- Java Enterprise Best Practices , O'Reilly 2002
- JDBC Transaction tuning, Oracle developer, July 2002
- Micro-tuning step by step, OnJava, March 2002
- Tuning JDBC: Measuring JDBC performance, OnJava, December 2001
- Faster List iteration using the RandomAccess interface, OnJava, October 2001
- Multiprocess JVMs, OnJava, September 2001
- Catching OutOfMemoryError, OnJava, August 2001
- The WeakHashMap class, OnJava, July 2001
- The performance of Java's Lists, OnJava, May 2001
- Performance Planning for Managers, OnJava, March 2001
- Optimizing hash functions for a perfect Map, OnJava, January 2001
- Efficiently formatting doubles, OnJava, December 2000
- Optimizing a query on a Map, JavaWorld, November 2000
- Java Performance Tuning Strategy, O'Reilly, November 2000
- Optimizing a Query on a Collection, O'Reilly, November 2000
- Perl modules created or contributed to by Jack Shirazi
- Several modules included in the Perl Module Reference, O'Reilly 1997
- Discovery of Protein Structural Constraints in a Deductive Database using Inductive Logic Programming, Machine Learning 14 (1995), (Ed) Muggleton, S.
- On the use of Machine Learning to identify Topological Rules in the Packing of b-strands, Protein Engineering (1994), 7(11), 1295-1303
- Inductive Logic Programming used to Discover Topological Constraints in Protein Structures, Proceedings, Second International Conference on Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology (1994), Stanford, USA, August 1994
- The Application of Parallel Constraint Logic Programming to Molecular Biology and Genetics, High Performance Computing and Networking (1994). Eds: W.Gentzsch and U.Harms. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 1994, 236-237, Springer-Verlag
- Solving Large Combinatorial Problems in Molecular Biology Using the ElipSys Parallel Constraint Logic Programming System, The Computer Journal (1993), 36(8), 690-701
- Protein Topology Prediction using Parallel Constraint Logic Programming, Proceedings of the First International Conference on Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology (1993) (eds. L. Hunter, D. Searls, and J. Shavlik) AAAI/MIT Press, Menlo Park CA, 1993, pp 83-91.
- APPLAUSE: Application & Assessment of Parallel Programming using Logic, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (1993), v694, 756-759, (Eds) Bode, A, Reeve, M. and Wolf, G. Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg.
- The Prediction of Protein Topology using Constraint Based Search and the Evaluation of Topological Folding Rules, Protein Engineering (1991), 4(7), 751-760.
- Modelling Genetics Data in ECLiPSe: Application to Physical Mapping data for Human Chromosome 21, ESPRIT III Deliverable (1993).
Last Updated: 2019-08-29
Copyright © 2000-2019 Fasterj.com. All Rights Reserved.
All trademarks and registered trademarks appearing on JavaPerformanceTuning.com are the property of their respective owners.
Java is a trademark or registered trademark of Oracle Corporation in the United States and other countries. JavaPerformanceTuning.com is not connected to Oracle Corporation and is not sponsored by Oracle Corporation.
RSS Feed: http://www.JavaPerformanceTuning.com/newsletters.rss
Trouble with this page? Please contact us